Even though we are mid-way through the week, it is not too late to inform you that this week (April 10-16) is National Library Week. Surely an event to note and to celebrate, also at the PRC Seminary library!
I was also informed by email from the Association of Christian Librarians that they too are marking the event. In keeping with their Christian theme, the ACL sent out this note on Monday:
Happy National Library Week 2016!
Please pray today, Monday, for our brother and sister colleagues in ACL, for this community of believing librarians. The official theme for this year’s National
Library Week is “Libraries Transform”—and that’s absolutely true. May our manifest faith in Jesus Christ also work to transform our own hearts and the hearts of those around us. Please pray for:
- Those who are facing challenging physical or spiritual needs, or who carry responsibility for a family member who is in ill health;
- Librarians who have lost loved ones in recent months, or since the last conference, and are in need of comfort;
- Those working as solo librarians, or with very small staffs, and need an extra measure of strength and encouragement;
- Librarians carrying large workloads and needing wisdom in their use of time and energy;
- Those working in institutions facing difficult challenges due to financial hardship;
- Our newest members, that they may find a home in ACL;
- Long-standing members, with our gratitude for their years of service;
- Those who are potential members, that they will hear our collective voice.
How will you celebrate National Library Week? How about a trip to your local library with your children or grandchildren? How about visiting a special library in your region? Why not make a stop at the PRC Seminary library and check out what we have to offer?
However you mark the event, remember that libraries transform – everyday! Keep reading! Reading more and reading better!